Welcome to Movie Buzz!
This week Taken 2 is still in the #1 spot grossing $21.8M. Argo took second place, earning $19.4M, followed by Sinister which brought in $18M. Hotel Transylvania dropped to fourth place earning $17.2M. Finally in fifth place is Here Comes the Boom which earned $11.8M. Let’s take a look at these films and see if they are worth it!
Note: We only review films in wide release.
- Rating: R
- Box office rank: 2/$19.4M
- Critics say: Metacritic- 40
- Rotten Tomatoes: 95%
- Consumers say: Metacritic- 6.3
- Rotten Tomatoes: 94%
- What’s the Buzz? 4 out of 5 stingers. Go see it!
- Rating: PG
- Box office rank: 5/$11.8M
- Critics say: Metacritic- 65
- Rotten Tomatoes: 43%
- Consumers say: Metacritic- 7.6
- Rotten Tomatoes: 86%
- What’s the Buzz? 3 1/2 out of 5 stingers. It may not have won all critics over but audiences think it’s a good quality family film.
- Rating: R
- Box office rank: 3/$18M
- Critics say: Metacritic- 52
- Rotten Tomatoes: 62%
- Consumers say: Metacritic- 7.7
- Rotten Tomatoes: 67%
- What’s the Buzz? 3 1/2 out of 5 stingers. If you’re a horror junkie, yes!
What’s opening this week in theaters?
Click on the film title to see the trailer.