The Help dominated the box office last weekend. How will it do this weekend? Opening last weekend in wide release was Conan the Barbarian how will film critic reviews measure up against consumer reviews. Then we will let you know if it’s worth the money.
Note: We only review films in wide release.
Conan the Barbarian–R What’s the Buzz? Many top film critics said this film gives dumb summer flicks a bad name. According to film critic Robert Ebert of Chicago Sun Times states; “is a brutal, crude, witless high-tech CGI contrivance, in which no artificial technique has been overlooked, including 3-D.  What do consumers have to say? The majority of consumer reviews on rottentomatoes.com thought the CGI and story was lacking and not worth seeing. So is it worth the money? BIG NO!
- Box office rank: #4
- Film Critics Say: Metacritic- 37 Negative, rottentomatoes: 24% (rotten)
- Consumers Say: Metacritic- 5.8 Mixed, rottentomatoes: 45%
Fright Night–R – What’s the Buzz? Top film critics had mixed reviews on this film. According to Metacritic the franchise got reborn. What were some of the comments? Peter Travers of The Rollingstone stated “Menace and mirth can cancel each other out. But the combo clicked in 1985’s Fright Night (banish the 1988 sequel), and it clicks again in this frisky 3D remake. For that, bow to Colin Farrell. ”  Consumers on Metacritic.com said they were pleasantly surprised they liked this film and Colin Farrel really stands out. So is it worth the money? Yes!
- Box office rank: #5
- Film Critics Say: Metacritic- 64 Positive, rottentomatoes: 75% (fresh)
- Consumers Say: Metacritic- 7.1 Positive, rottentomatoes: 75%
One Day-PG –13 What’s the Buzz? Film critics and consumers don’t agree on this film. Lou Lumenick of New York Post stated “Hathaway turns out to be the best thing in director Lone Scherfig’s disappointing follow-up to the extravagantly praised “An Education.” Consumers on rottentomatoes.com were pleasantly surprised by the cast yet felt the film was missing something. So is it worth the money? Sorta!
- Box office rank: #9
- Film Critics Say: Metacritic- 48 Mixed, rottentomatoes: 33% (rotten)
- Consumers Say: Metacritic- 5.6 Mixed, rottentomatoes: 70%
What’s opening in theaters this weekend? Click on title to view trailer
- Don’t Be Afraid of the Dark: (latest review results- 59% rottentomatoes)
- Our Idiot Brother: (latest review results- 70% rottentomatoes)
- Colombiana: (latest review results- 57% rottentomatoes)