Harry Potter and the Deathly Hollow: Part 2 dominated the box office last weekend and with positive reviews by film critics and consumers, how will it do this weekend? Also, opening last weekend in wide release was Winnie the Pooh we will see how film critic reviews measure up against consumer reviews on this film. Then let you know if it’s worth the money.
Note: We only review films in wide release.
Harry Potter and the Deathly Hollow: Part 2-PG-13 What’s the Buzz? Majority of film critics said this film surpasses high expectations. Many praised the film for it’s smartly designed and impressive narrative. According to film critic Amy Biancolli of the San Francisco Chronicle states;“Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows: Part 2″ is the epic and impassioned close that the saga deserves, a sweeping Wagnerian finish that’s taut with suspense and wet with emotion.” What do consumers have to say? The majority of reviews on Metacritic.com said this was a perfect film for the end of a perfect series and the acting was great. So is it worth the money? A BIG YES!
- Box office rank: #1
- Film Critics Say: Metacritic- 87 Positive, rottentomatoes: 97% (certified fresh)
- Consumers Say: Metacritic- 8.3 Positive, rottentomatoes: 93%
Winnie the Pooh: G – What’s the Buzz? According to film critics this film was simple bright and adorable to watch. Perfect for children and adults who want a break from 3-D. What were some of the comments? Joe Neumaier of the New York Daily News stated “There’s no bells and whistles here, no 3-D or useless grey fluff, just Pooh as he’s always been, silly and true.” Consumers on rottentomatoes.com said they found it surprisingly funny and enjoyable not only for kids but adults too. (4] So is it worth the money? If your in the mood for a little honey a BIG YES!
- Box office rank: #6
- Film Critics Say: Metacritic- 74 Positive, rottentomatoes: 90% (certified fresh)
- Consumers Say: Metacritic- 6.5 Positive, rottentomatoes: 76%
What’s opening in theaters this weekend?
- Captain America: The First Avenger: (latest review results- 68% rottentomatoes)
- Friends with Benefits: (latest review results- 60% rottentomatoes)
- Life in a Day: (latest review results- 100% rottentomatoes)