Rob and his Fans: All in a day’s work!

9 Jul

By Parisienne

It’s been a couple weeks since my last article about actor Robert Pattinson and his many fans. So I decided to change up a little and take a look at what Rob and his Twilight costars put up with regarding the media and fans.

Up first is a video I found by Weird Al on Youtube.  Its quite funny and sums up the paparazzi quite nicely, IMO. Please take a look!

This next link is Rob on July 8, 2011 signing autographs for fans on the set of the film Cosmopolis.  He has the patience of a saint IMO and is very sweet.  Ask yourself would you sign autographs at 5am after working 10 hours?

Now I understand that being photographed is apart of their job but there is a point where the photographing crosses the line.

Please view this website.

www.paparazzi-reform.org

What are your thoughts?

27 Responses to “Rob and his Fans: All in a day’s work!”

1. Littlebells July 9, 2011 at 12:39 PM #

I couldn’t even finish the Kate Moss video because I started crying. Whether with or without children this behavior of the paparazzi is abominable, but when you have a child or children with you: you have NO soul! What’s extremely sad is that if she went all mama bear on the photogs to protect her cub (and those instincts are INSANE believe me!), she wouldn’t be protected by law.

As for Rob, he is a saint and it goes to show just how much he truly appreciates his fans, imo. He is very self deprecating and I think he genuinely feels if it weren’t for his fans, he wouldn’t be in his current star status. This is just one of the many qualities about Rob that I admire.

Lastly, I love that Weird Al video! It’s very true and despite anyone’s poor decisions, no one should be publicly humiliated.

Great job Paris!!!!!

2. Open Book July 9, 2011 at 4:46 PM #

Paris-

Great article!!

The WA Video is so telling how this could easily happen to anyone!! So the old adage do unto others is quite fitting here.

I have to say I like the San Diego Padres personally. I think R hit a home run with his fans. Although, I don’t think a lot of them asking for autographs would have done the same if the shoe was on the other foot. That’s something we should all keep in mind as we are admiring someones work. How would we feel if the tables were turned?

I have seen the Kate Moss video before and still gives me great sadness to watch.

3. Francesa July 9, 2011 at 9:54 PM #

Paris, this is a very telling article. IMO this issue is kind of a catch-22. Actors need fans and fans need actors. I don’t know much about Rob Pattinson. I did see him in Water for Elephants, but obviously his fans adore him if they are willing to wait hours to get a glimpse of him which says a lot about his character and persona. I hope it doesn’t overwhelm him at some point and the fans lose out on his graciousness.

4. comic relief July 13, 2011 at 9:17 PM #

Referring to needing to respond to this many fans, obviously, I don’t know anything about receiving this much attention, so bear with me I’m going to try not to say something insensitive.

I just don’t understand the group fascination, longing, or (dare I say it) lust. Obviously women respond much differently than men, but most guys (confident or not) would find the crowds, lack of intimacy, and visible proximity of rivals a huge turnoff in regard to assembling. I’m talking about the oddness of declaring and defining oneself as an avid admirer while standing next to individuals who claim to be equally passionate. Because I have never seen men demonstrate this I’m not sure men know how to display this level of commitment.

I think Rob’s class, endurance, and distinguishable lack of self-destructiveness in the face of incredible social pressure is amazingly impressive. I imagine demonstrating this kind of discipline doesn’t produce the kind of praise that selfless acts of respect should. And if this unique effort on his part produces any loneliness his refinement in repressing his discomfort defines a reserve that’s far deeper than his age typically enables.

It’s hard to believe that these kinds of acts of courage and consistency don’t earn him the kind of respect that are a lot more impressive than the size of legions of fans that are always pursuing him. Could other worldly valor earn him other worldly artistic interest. I hope so.

Other than necessary maturing, I guess most just have to hope he won’t change.

• Littlebells July 13, 2011 at 10:10 PM #

Your third paragraph is perfect! As for men and women being different. I think it’s because women bond over talking and sharing similar obsessions. yes, guys bond over talking about their similar obsessions as well, but we women do it on an emotional level and that is just about as crazy and nutty as it gets! We are just a bunch of hormones and emotions trying to maintain order inside but once we find someone who shares our similarities, WATCH OUT! All hell is about to let loose! hahaha! 🙂

• comic relief July 14, 2011 at 10:44 AM #

LOLLLLLLLLLLLL!!!!!!

• Littlebells July 14, 2011 at 11:40 AM #

You KNOW it’s true!!!!!

• comic relief July 14, 2011 at 1:55 PM #

This is scary, I wish I could argue with you. I want to, ….but I just can’t.

(LB, you’re an instigator) 🙂 (I mean thatin the best way)

By the way, (despite trying and failing at being PC) the overall laugh was “with” Robert, not “at” Robert.

• Littlebells July 14, 2011 at 2:33 PM #

Just the first 42 seconds…..

• comic relief July 14, 2011 at 5:56 PM #

Wow, LB you have one of these for every topic in the book. I can’t believe this the first time I’ve seen this.

• Littlebells July 14, 2011 at 6:07 PM #

I know. It really is embarrassing. *covers face and smh* I’m going over to Capt. America now….

• Kailee July 19, 2011 at 6:26 PM #

Thoghut it wouldn’t to give it a shot. I was right.

• Open Book July 14, 2011 at 6:10 PM #

Well the stuff I’ve seen grown women do over R is mind boggling!! Speaking for myself I just don’t get it? I mean there is a point where reasoning and logic should kick in at some point? NO!

• Parisienne July 15, 2011 at 3:05 AM #

Hi Everyone!

Here are my theories as to why Rob receives so much attention.

1) Although he is intellegent, charming, witty and funny he is very humble and does not throw it in other people’s faces. I think he is the type of person that would bring himself down to another person’s level to not make them feel stupid. I hope that makes sense. Some women have never had that before so it is resfreshing to see that of someone.

• Parisienne July 15, 2011 at 3:11 AM #

Sorry I have to do this in two seperate screens because the screen keeps jumping.

2) The question everyone wants answered has not been answered yet. “Are they or Aren’t they”? I am firmly held in my opinion that they ARE NOT and he is pursued relentlessly because people are waiting for him to confirm/deny the relationship. They are hoping he will slip up and say something.

• Parisienne July 15, 2011 at 3:18 AM #

3) I have just read on another board that I frequent that R&K have saved people from depression by being together. These women have received E&B in real life not just reel life. There in lies the difference.

• Parisienne July 15, 2011 at 3:21 AM #

It’s funny because every time I see these two together I keep remembering a scene in Twilight when Bella and Edward went to see Renee in Florida. When Renee told Bella it looks like Edward is always watching over her, “It’s like when he moves you move”. There is a connection between Robert and Kristen that most people can’t or don’t understand. Not unless you have had that experience in your life. There is a reason people say “They are just meant to be together”, because in reality, they are just meant to be together. They found each other from across the pond, thousands of miles away. To find each other at that one moment when they fist saw each other. We all know, from watching old videos that Robert and Kristen had that instant attraction from the moment they first saw each other. There is a reason why everything happens in life…and to see love happen in such a beautiful way is so enduring to me. We don’t know why it happens, it just does, and if it is meant to be, it will be, and no one can or will change that or take that away from them. I’ve said it before…we should all be so lucky to have what they have in our lives. Uncondtional love is so rare and precious. Robert and Kristen are just meant to be together 🙂

• Parisienne July 15, 2011 at 3:24 AM #

The above is a quote from a R&K fan. Mods if you would like to delete that I understand. What happens to people who think this way if R&K say they aren’t dating? I hope everything I have said makes sense. Its really early in the morning. 🙂

• Open Book July 15, 2011 at 4:36 PM #

Yes! U make perfect sense. But whoever wrote the quote above about R&K may need some counseling.

• Littlebells July 15, 2011 at 11:36 AM #

yeah, I read that quote too. I mean yeah, that’s great they aren’t depressed anymore, but it’s not coming from something real. And all my amens and hallelujahs are for no.1. EVerything you said about Rob, I wholeheartedly agree with. I like Zac Efron, but he looked too polished. I like seeing Hobo Rob. Don’t really know why. Maybe it’s because he has no desire to look like he came out of a HW “pressed and ready” machine.

• Parisienne July 15, 2011 at 3:15 PM #

Littlebells,

When one works for Disney there is a certain “look”called the “Disney Look” that Cast Members are asked to portray. Pressed and Polished is a good way of putting it. They dictacte everything from the color of one’s nail polish to the length of a man’s beard. Somehow I don’t think that the actors employed by Disney are given any special treatment. Hence Zac’s look.

• Littlebells July 15, 2011 at 6:08 PM #

I know exactly what you are talking about and after a while, it makes you want to gag. 🙂

• Littlebells July 15, 2011 at 11:31 AM #

Amen!!! *tamborine jingle*

• Open Book July 15, 2011 at 4:47 PM #

LOVE IT!! Hahahahah….

• Littlebells July 15, 2011 at 11:32 AM #

hallelujah! *throws hands in the air*

• Open Book July 15, 2011 at 4:30 PM #

Hi Paris-

Great post by the way…..Let me say I can see why women are attracted to R. I think actors in general are very charismatic people. I think charisma coupled with skill, talent and discipline really makes them successful.

But u said it well, R is “humble” and I will add modest. Some are foolish to think modesty is a sign of weakness but really it’s very courageous and a show of contentment, which is hard to come by these days. I don’t know why but I think people are afraid to show their vulnerability or trust others in this dog eat dog world. Instead some people will be showy and pretentious to distract attention away from their lack of contentment. Does that make sense?

Have a nice day!

• Littlebells July 15, 2011 at 6:09 PM #

Yes, yes, and YEEEEEEEEEEES! You’ve got my wheels turning…..hee hee hee!