By Open Book
There are so many great documentaries released each year but many go unnoticed by movie going audiences. So we thought we do a quick overview of some interesting documentaries coming out this summer.
- One Lucky Elephant–This film chronicles the life of Flora an African Elephant. After being abandoned as a baby David Balding a circus producer adopts Flora. After sixteen years of performing David Balding realizes the circus is no place for Flora and she need’s to be with other elephants.
- Just Like Us– This is a comedic look at the misconception often assumed of Arab culture. It laughs at the common stereotypes often assumed and illustrates how they are just like us.
- Rejoice and Shout-Please check out the trailer
- Love Etc.–This film follows five different couples over the course of a year. Their age range from 18 to 89 and is set entirely in New York.
- Beats, Ryhmes & Life: The Travels of a Tribe Called Quest–This is a behind the scenes look at the musical group Tribe Called Quest. It talks about how they came together and became the pioneers of alternative rap.
- Life in a Day– This follows thousands of people over the course of one day who uploaded videos of their lives on YouTube.
- Tabloid-Please check out the trailer
- The Missing Piece–This is about the 1911 theft of the Mona Lisa that was kept in the apartment of a housepainter for two years.
- The Magic Trip-Please check out the trailer