By Open Book
Last weekend moviegoers took a walk on the wild side. Rio took the #1 spot at the box office and Hop took a mighty great fall to #3. Rio was well received by both film critics and consumers. However, there were a couple of films released film critics and consumers did not agree on. Let’s take a look at what they said!
Rio-G: What’s the buzz? The makers of Ice Age created a vibrant fun film for kids to enjoy. According to both film critics and consumers the vocals by Jesse Eisenberg and Anne Hathaway were strong and entertaining. Listen for yourself!
- Box office rank: #1
- Film Critics Say: Metacritic- 63 Positive, rottentomatoes: 72% (fresh)
- Consumers Say: Metacritic- 7.3 Positive, rottentomatoes: 80%
Scream 4-R: What’s the buzz? There’s quite a difference of opinion here on this film. Film critics thought it was too gimmicky. Consumers disagreed and thought it was a perfect sequel. Although, not particularly scary, they claim it is funny and entertaining to watch. 
- Box office rank: #2
- Film Critics Say: Metacritic- 52 Mixed, rottentomatoes: 58% (rotten)
- Consumers Say: Metacritic- 7.4 Positive, rottentomatoes: 71%
The Conspirator-Pg-13: What’s the buzz? Film critics were mixed on this film. Some loved the acting and thought Redford did and excellent job. However, others thought the script was average and one-sided. Consumers disagreed claiming the acting, direction and story was captivating and holds your attention from beginning to end. 
- Box office rank: #11
- Film Critics Say: Metacritic- 55 Mixed, rottentomatoes: 56% (rotten)
- Consumers Say: Metacritic- 7.3 Positive, rottentomatoes: 70%
So there you have it. What are you going to see this weekend? Please share with us your review!
Next week: African Cats, Madea’s Big Happy Family and Water for Elephants
Here’s a little movie trivia for you. What film is this quote from?
“This ain’t training. In training they just give you an F. Out here you get killed.”
Have a nice weekend!