5th article in our 7 week series on Psychological Thrillers.
Why do we like to be scared out our minds? Is it because we cannot control the surge of panic that our bodies go through when we are scared? Or is it because we do not know how the film will end? Whatever the reason is for liking thrillers, the Academy Awards loves them. Let’s take a look down memory lane at some of our favorites and the awards they have won.
- Inception: Christopher Nolan directed this film. It won Academy Awards for Cinematography, Sound and Visual Effects.
- The Matrix Trilogy: Andy and Lana Wachowski directed this film. It won Academy Awards for Best Effects, Editing and Sound
- Rebecca: Alfred Hitchcock directed this film. It won Awards for Best Picture and Best Cinematography.
- Jaws: Steven Spielberg directed this film. It won Awards for Best Film Editing and Best Sound.
- The French Connection: William Friedkin directed this film. It won Awards for Best Actor, Best Director, Best Film Editing, Best Picture and Best Writing.
What thrillers can you think of have won Academy Awards?
Also see: Hitchcock & Herrmann
Please join for a discussion Thursday 6/21/2012@7pmEST/12UTC